Wednesday, October 7, 2009

2nd response on the scratch film junkies

After seeing what everyone else did on their filmstrips I realized how far I could go if I put more effort on it, and I guess this is a general statement: patience is the key for good results in the scratch film world.
I appreciated every single frame of everyone else's project, some tried to manipulate the timing (which can be very hard), some tried to make a marvelous art not using so many frames, which is perfect, except the fact that if we blink our eyes we take the risk to miss it.
We learn from our errors, don't we? I'm glad I was not the only one who drew some things upside down; I wasn't considering the correct side of the filmstrip. Well, these kind of stuff happens.

I was mostly impressed by the collage technique. It is A-MAZING. I could take a whole day off to cut magazines in order to build an interesting story in my filmstrip. Words, faces, objects, advertisings, drawings... the things we can take from a magazine are endless.
I like every technique we used in general, I would take the darkroom more serious the next time, it's an awesome resource and we can surely make interestings shapes on our filmstrip using ordinary kitchen products or anything. I was amazed in particular for one filmstrip with a little chain in a shape of a snake I guess, I think it was a bracelet, anyway, it turned out amazing!
Everyone really got into the four elements, at least some of them. We could see some waves, fire burning, some water drops.; That was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment