Thursday, October 29, 2009

The YES

It was quite interesting to see how those important and high educated people didn't react when the guys were showing those insane things, it seems that people stop arguing what is right or wrong, what is fair or not, that's why I strongly disagree when people say that when we are in a university it is time to experiment, to manifest, to ask and to argue; I think we should do that ALWAYS, not only while we're studying, so what's the point? People seem to ignore the world's problems exactly when it's time to worry about them, 'cause right now there's a huge global issue regarding global warming, for example. Coming from a third-world country I can tell that down there we do worry about what's going wrong with the world and especially with some of our poor neighbors, and it is never late to try to solve them. Maybe I'm going off topic, but I'll give one good example of it that I just figured it would be interesting to share: There's this brazilian website called "click arvore" which translates to "click tree" where you can plant one tree per day for free, and you can also track where is your tree being planted (usually in amazon and rainforest areas), in the website, if you pay, you can plant more than 1 tree per day, and they give prizes for who plants more trees and those kinda stuff to encourage people to do that. It's interesting, inovating and it is so far working.
Comedy is a good approach when we talk about these issues, I liked the way the students reacted to that non-sense ideas they had, that was exactly how everybody should react and don't hesitate to speak. But we have to keep in mind that, besides the comedy part, there's this polemic and important subject which should not be ignored.
I think I will forever wonder why those high educated people didn't say anything, I don't see the point of not speaking up, were they afraid of their jobs? afraid of how they would look like in front of others? It's going to bug me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment