Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Saturday shot

This assignment turned out to be my favorite so far, it started the day we went for a walk to plan what we would film, Jack had the ideas of using the arches for something, then Alex had the brilliant idea of using it for showing the "Stages of Life" of a character, one thing lead to another and we ended up with a great and ambicious long take plan! It could be more ambicious, to be honest, we had the idea of using some furniture to make the scenario more visually interesting but that would take too much effort and we had already to worry about all the props we were planning to use.

We made a drawing of 7 stages and we were discussing what should happen on each one. I was willing to act on this one, so I was going to be the main character. On the first stage I'd be a kid playing with his soccer ball, on the second one I'd go to college and meet a girl, on the third I'd graduate and receive my diploma, on the fourth I'd marry that girl from the college at the second stage, on the fifth I'd go to work and say bye to my wife and child, on the six I'd be old and say bye to my son who was going to work, on the seventh we were still planning what to do, but would be something to do with my death or the death of my wife.
On Saturday we decided to eliminate the seventh stage due to the lack of time we had, one minute for seven stages was too much, actually it turned out that we barely had time to do SIX stages, so it was challenging to manage the time for it.

We used some cool props, like rice (to throw at the wedding), backpack (for the college), a diploma made with regular book paper, some cans (also for the wedding), the soccer ball, a twig...
Everything helped to tell the story we wanted, our collegues also helped us to film and to arrange the set. We practiced a few times to check if we could do it in time and at the end we (especially I) knew that we have to hurry but it was possible to do it within one minute, and we succeeded!

About the other projects, I liked so much to work on this one where I had to interpret a telletubies running out of a magic tent, the only thing not so good was to be inside that "telletubie-clothing-thing" (I'm sorry, I don't know the name of it, but anyway, THAT hot thing) while it was around 32°C outside, I know you guys don't use Celcius, anyway, it was HOT hahaha). It was a great experience, the group had a nice and funny idea for the long take shot and I think it worked well.

Everything went fine that day, I like it and I can't wait to see the whole thing (I had to leave at 4 sharp to attend to a meeting, so I couldn't see it)

No comments:

Post a Comment